How do I tell if my child is suffering from attention deficit disorder?
Date: 4 January 2010
Children are fidgety and can’t keep still by nature, but to know when the behaviour is normal or when it’s Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), you have to consider monitoring and evaluating your child’s behaviour not only at home, but also in the classroom and playground.
Look out for the following signs of ADHD (indicated below); and if your child seems to fit the bill, talk to your doctor.
Tell-tale signs of ADHD:
• Can’t stop moving fingers, hands, arms, feet or legs.
• Walks, runs or climbs when others are seated.
• Gets bored quickly.
• Does not finish things.
• Has trouble waiting in line or taking turns.
• Easily distracted by things happening around him/her.
• Talks when others are talking.
• Can’t concentrate on schoolwork or homework.